95. Uses of agricultural land and the procedure for use of agricultural land for other purpose.—

(1) Subject to any law for the time being in force regarding erection of buildings or construction of wells or tanks, an occupant of land assessed or held for the purpose of agriculture is entitled by himself, his servants, tenants, agents, or other legal representatives, to erect farm buildings, construct wells or tanks, or make any other improvements thereon for the better cultivation of the land or its more convenient use for the purpose aforesaid.

(2) If any occupant of land assessed or held for the purpose of agriculture wishes to divert such land or any part thereof to any other purpose, he shall notwithstanding anything contained in any law for the time being in force apply for permission to the Deputy Commissioner who may, subject to the provisions of this section and the rules made under this Act, refuse permission or grant it on such conditions as he may think fit.

Provided that the Deputy Commissioner shall not refuse permission for diversion of such land included in the Master Plan published under the Karnataka Town and Country Planning Act, 1961 (Karnataka Act 11 of 1963), if such diversion is in accordance with the purpose of land use specified in respect of the land in such plan.

Provided further that in Dakshina Kannada District, subject to any law for the time being in force regarding erection of buildings or the construction of wells or tanks, an occupant of dry (punja) land, wet land or garden land who is not,—

(a) a person registered or liable to be registered as an occupant of such land under section 48A of the Karnataka Land Reforms Act, 1961 (Karnataka Act 10 of 1962); or

(b) a grantee of such land under section 77 of the said Act, may, without obtaining the permission required under this sub-section and notwithstanding anything contained therein, divert such land or part thereof to any other purpose after sending a prior notice in that behalf, in the prescribed form to the Tahsildar and paying in the prescribed manner, the fine prescribed under sub-section (7).

(3) Permission to divert may be refused by the Deputy Commissioner on the ground that the diversion is likely to defeat the provisions of any law for the time being in force or that it is likely to cause a public nuisance or that it is not in the interests of the general public or that the occupant is unable or unwilling to comply with the conditions that may be imposed under sub-section (4).

(4) Conditions may be imposed on diversion in order to secure the health, safety and convenience, and in the case of land which is to be used as building sites, in order to secure in addition that the dimensions, arrangement and accessibility of the sites are adequate for the health and convenience of occupiers or are suitable to the locality and do not contravene the provisions of any law relating to town and country planning or the erection of buildings.

(5) Where the Deputy Commissioner fails to inform the applicant of his decision on the application made under sub-section (2) within a period of four months, from the date of receipt of the application, the permission applied for shall be deemed to have been granted.

(6) Unless the Deputy Commissioner shall, in any particular instance otherwise direct, no application under sub-section (2) shall be recognised unless it is made by the occupant.

(6a) In Dakshina Kannada District, Kodagu District, and Kollegal Taluk of Mysore District where any land assessed or held for purposes of agriculture has been diverted or used for any other purposes, before the date of commencement of the Karnataka Land Revenue (Amendment) Act, 1981, the land so used together with the land appurtenant to any building (other than a farm house) therein, not exceeding three times the built area of such building, shall with effect from such date be deemed to have been permitted to be used for purposes other than agriculture.

(7) When any land assessed or held for the purpose of agriculture is permitted under sub-section (2) or is diverted under the provisos to the said sub-section or is deemed to have been permitted under sub-section (5) or sub-section (6a), to be used for any purpose unconnected with agriculture, the Deputy Commissioner may, subject to such rules as may be made by the State Government in this behalf, require the payment of a fine. No assessment shall be leviable on such land thereafter except under sub-section (2) of section 83.

Explanation.—For the purpose of this section, “occupant” includes a mulgeni tenant or a permanent tenant.


Anonymous said...

Great information. Lucky me I discovered your blog by chance (stumbleupon).
I've book-marked it for later!
my site > nieruchomości rzeszów

Harish Reddy said...

Please suggest me.. That i want to construct small brick unit for my own with kiln, but panchyat development officer is not giving general licence for power connection, he told dont have any rights to give general licence in revenue land, i need power connection BESCOM asking general licence... What to do who can grant licence for me... Kindly please help me....
Harish S Reddy - 09900007654 (mob)

shreenath Rajkot said...

please receve my call

Anonymous said...

call me 09426802583